Monday, April 25, 2011

My Easter Sunday. Jesus was there in the midst!

     My Easter Sunday began very early Sunday morning, 5:00A.M to be exact. And I didn’t go to sleep until like 3 A.M. O,0 yeah…I was tired. I stayed up late, due to watching a Doctor Who marathon. Getting caught up on the last few episodes I missed last season. The new episode is like…WOAH. I don’t know what to think. I’m still rooting for a romance between the Doctor and Amy! BUT, anyways, I traveled off topic there.
I got up at five and met the youth group at six. I was kind of zombie like. Lol. It was about to storm, because I heard thunder in the distance and few flashes of lightning in the clouds. But, we were still going through with out yearly sunrise service. Even though, Curtis has been having health problems with his foot, he still got on that hike and made it to the top! XD That man is really inspirational! He just says, “Jesus went through worse.” And that makes him go!
However, we hike the hill to the clearing where we have the service. The perfect view of the sunrise, and the worst place to be at when there is a thunder and lightning storm heading our way. O.0 Well when we saw that the storm was coming fast, we decided that perhaps we should finish it up on Linny’s porch off the hill. So before we left, we sung a few praising songs. Then, like a miracle, the storm started to clear up and move away from our way! We kept singing until the storm was farther away, then Curtis began the scripture and testimonies from everyone.
We decided to go onto the next part we stand to watch the sun come up. But the amazing view wasn’t the sun rising, to symbolize Jesus’s rise from his tomb over two thousand years ago. It was the rainbow that appeared behind us from the storm clouds. It was amazing, we really felt Jesus there that morning.
 









My nephews, Logan, Braxton, and Nicholas, had their program with reciting quotes and singing. Too cute!



Then we had our Easter play. We reenacted the book of John. I played Mary Magdalene. :D I haven’t had the chance to do anything like that until this year. I usually play a angel, or a mouthy, bossy mother in a Christmas play a few years ago (psst, I enjoyed bossing my “kids” around. But what was weird, my cousin Devin played my husband. O,o LOL).
 We only practiced it once through, only had the time for that much. Not many of our youth showed, so we had to make do with what we had. Curtis was smart by casting the day of the thing because none of the stars probably wouldn’t have showed up, anyways.
We did good, could have been better if we practiced more. The music is what stole the show though. Especially, when my cousin Ryan played his chello, and the new guy Brandon played the guitar along with him. They made up a song on the spot! LIVE! It was amazing! That goes to show what God can bless you with.

So that was my Easter Sunday! It was amazing and fun! :D Best one yet!

Well gotta go to sleep. Have math classes in the morning. :)

With lots of love, Kristia S.<3<3<3
God Bless<3<3<3
      1 Peter 4:10 <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment