Monday, April 16, 2012

NEW BOOK IDEA: Wishbooks of Distoria

I've done it again! I had a dream/nightmare and got another book idea! I don't know where it's all going to go, espeically, when I'm outlining it right now. I like, I really, really like it. It's something childlike, which makes me excited to be able to read it to my little nephews, but also it's already got really LOUD characters. By my meaning LOUD is that they are blasting their words and personality in my head before I even write. They wanted written and their story told! Ace--GOOD LORD MAN, he's the loudest, smart mouthed, taunting, and well kind of annoying, but he has a sweet side that barely anyone sees. You would have to be pretty special or loud, smart mouthed, and taunting like he, before he's impressed and likes you. Emma meets all of those standards with him. It's pretty funny BTW. Emma is quiet but her thoughts are loud enough for me to form a personality for her. Ace and Emma are pretty complex in their ways. And the plot...it'ssss different. Something I'm fidgety over, because it's out of my comfort zone just a bit. It's a borderline of children's fiction and YA, which is surprising.
Oh, by the way it sounds, it sounds like a dystopian, but it isn't. I have a out of this world twist to it that makes it even more unique.


I'm so proud of this book cover!
Makes me wonder what I could really do with
Photoshop if I had it.
The Islands of Distoria, a kingdom of a hundred islands, the remaining lands of the old world, before the great polar flood. Lives a girl, Ethel Carson or Emma as she desires to be addressed as, who does not have much to say, but she has a lot to dream.
   She has a love for books. When she discovers a new read titled “The Wishbook of Distoria”, one of the six volumes. Then her life is thrown into disarray.
   Upon an invite to the circus, she gets into some trouble and is in need of a friend. That’s when Ace Brinks and his nurse sister Alice come in.
  Soldiers come to retrieve an artifact, this inflicts fear amongst citizens. Even the circus is leaving early. Amidst chaos Emma flees from the soldiers herself, because the desired artifact is the Wishbook. Emma knows that the book grants wishes, because it granted one, for the absence of poverty.
  Emma chooses to run away with the Brinks family and their friends.
  She goes on a voyage to find the other volumes before Emperor Distane.
  This is a story of love, betrayal, secrets, truth, and souls of Distoria, especially the soul of Emma.


Here's a song I am in love with, that I am soundtracking WOD with. :D

With love, God Bless, and I love you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment